GATOR News: Calendar for remainder of the season!
Hello GATOR Families,
We are entering the final stretch of GATOR swimming. Please read through the detailed “calendar” for the remainder of the season. It’s quite LONG, but we encourage you to read through everything so you don’t miss out!
All groups will practice at regular times.
Donations for Gator concessions for championships can be dropped off at practice this week.
Monday, July 8
- Championship swimmer sign-ups close at 8:00 pm. Be sure to declare your intentions so the coaches can prepare an accurate line up.
- Join Coach Cindy at the pool around 7:30 pm to help finish painting the bath house. Bring an old paint brush!
Tuesday, July 9
No planned activities – take a break and relax before the big meet. Sign up to volunteer for championships, if you haven’t yet. Consider signing up for a parent relay too!
Wednesday, July 10
- Swimmer sign-ups for our final regular season meet at Evendale close at 10:00 am.
- Last day to order championship heat sheet Lovelines. See website for details.
- All GATORS are invited to the Concert on the Commons at 7:00 pm to be recognized during intermission. We would love to have a lot of Gators attend and you are encouraged to wear your GATOR gear. This is a great opportunity to get the Greenhills community excited about Championships in the Swamp!
- Official 2019 NSSL championship merchandise store closes at 8:00 pm. Don’t miss out on the Avenger theme design created by our own Karl Libecap! Click on the link to order: https://stores.inksoft.com/nsslchamp/shop/home
- Volunteer T-shirt store closes at 8:00 pm. If your family is signed up for a minimum for 3 volunteer shifts, contact Jenni Haley email@example.com for the password, then click on the link to order: Limit 2 shirts per family w/2 registered volunteers. https://stores.inksoft.com/greenhills_volunteers/shop/home
Thursday, July 11
- Time trials will be held for 15-18 swimmers during regular practice and the Senior Gauntlet will take place. The annual Gator video will also be filmed during practice.
- Final meet of the season at Evendale. Swimmers should arrive at 5:15 for check in.
- Shh – we will still be collecting for coaches gifts at this meet too.
Friday, July 12
- The Annual Fire Up Pancake Breakfast will be served following practice under the picnic shelter at the pool for all Gators!
Saturday, July 13
No planned activities. Last chance to rest before champs!
Sunday, July 14
Pool closes at 4:00 pm for championship set up.
Monday, July 15 and Tuesday, July 16
- Championships at the Swamp! Look for the Gator Guide to Championships which will be emailed soon for details about warm-ups, meet schedule etc.
- After the meet is over and tear down is complete, plan to stay at the pool and celebrate with the Gator Family! The pool will be open for swimming, and we will be submitting orders for Papa John’s pizza. Details for ordering pizza for your family will be emailed soon.
Thursday, July 18
The annual team end of season Awards Celebration will be this Thursday, July 18th, at 7 pm at the picnic shelter by the pool. We would like to follow the same plan as last year -- we are asking all families with last names beginning with the letters A-L to bring an appetizer to share, and all families with last names beginning with the letters M-Z to bring a dessert to share.
The snacks and awards portion will begin at 7 pm, followed by swimming from 8-9 pm. All family members are invited to join us. So, wear your swimsuit and please bring an appetizer or dessert to share with everyone, drinks for your family, as well as your own chairs. Championships ribbons/medals and coaches' gifts will also be presented.